Applying for a Faculty-led Program
- If you are applying for a faculty-led program, you must first find the program on the program search database.
- Once you've found the page, click the "Apply Now" button and log on to the system using your SVSU e-mail address.
- After you have successfully logged on to the system, you must complete all of the material submissions and questionnaires before your application will be reviewed.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an e-mail notification indicating your acceptance status.
Applying for a Semester-long or Spring/Summer program (non-faculty-led)
If you are applying for a semester-long or spring/summer program (through a provider or an exchange school), the application is a multiple-step process.
- You must first submit an application using this site. Find your program of choice on the program search database and click the "Apply Now" button. Log on to the system using your SVSU e-mail address.
- Once you have successfully logged on to the system, you must complete all of the material submissions and questionnaires before your application will be reviewed. This serves as your application to the SVSU study abroad program. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You will receive an e-mail notification indicating your acceptance status once your application has been reviewed.
- Once you have applied using the SVSU site, you must then apply to the provider or exchange program you wish to participate in. Many of these applications can be done online through the provider website. A few of the program applications are paper-based (if this is the case, the Study Abroad Office will, upon request, send your completed application to the appropriate address for you).
- The Study Abroad Office will request and send your SVSU transcript to your program once you have successfully completed both applications.
- If you need any other documents signed and sent by an advisor or other personnel at the university, please bring them to the Study Abroad Office and allow at least one week for these documents to be completed and sent.
Contact the Study Abroad Office (email@example.com) for additional assitance or questions about the semester-long and spring/summer program application process.
Process for non-SVSU Students
If you are not a current SVSU student, please contact the Study Abroad Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about the application process.
-Winter Break, Spring Break, and Winter semester-long programs: October 15th
-Spring/Summer Faculty-led programs: December 15th
-Spring/Summer semester-long programs: February 15th
-Fall semester and Academic year programs: April 1st